This is a skills based series of seminars/webinars which offer family members effective tools to manage the changes in the family since a loved one has been diagnosed with a mental illness.
The skills covered include:
- Defusing conflict through more effective communication strategies
- Avoiding power struggles
- How to cope when our loved ones are symptomatic
- Managing the sense of loss and moving on
- Building a delicate family/relationship balance
- Developing a community of peers through support groups
- Manage holidays
- Parenting children with behavioral health issues
- Take care of the caretaker
- Overcome Guilt & Responsibility
- Telling others
Resources and referrals for participants are available as needed.