Supporting Parents Who Have Experienced the Loss of a Child to Mental Illness/Suicide
We are sorry for the loss that brings you here, however we welcome you to this program.
This is a free group formed by parents who are grieving the loss of a child due to suicide/mental illness. It is facilitated by a Certified Family Life Educator. The program is modeled on the many successful 12 Step programs in which the goal is to recover from this traumatic loss one day at a time.
- The Live Parents Support Program is a closed support group for parents impacted by the death (suicide) of children with mental illness/brain disorder.
- This group focuses on adjusting to a new family dynamic through skills, exercises, and discussions on various topics including “Loss,” “Grief,” “Guilt,” “Self-Care,” “Navigating Forward.”
- This group’s focus is on parents and their needs.
- The group meets weekly for 60 minutes via zoom.
- Meetings are structured on the successful 12 Steps of AA with an Opening, Topic, and the closing (Serenity Prayer).
- The program is financed through donations and grants.
- What is said in the group stays in the group. Confidentiality is expected and respected.