Grow a Strong Family is a non-profit entity whose sole purpose is to address, educate, coordinate, and provide aid & information to support the families of people uprooted by mental illness. Just three years into our official “incorporation”, we are proud to have broadened our outreach through the following:
• Comprehensive website: GrowAStrongFamily.org is more user friendly with links to our presentations, resources, and Facebook pages (both public page and closed on-line support group).
• Dynamic Board of Directors: An active volunteer group committed to growing the organization. We have added two more members in the past year with expertise in marketing and grant writing respectively.
• Community Collaboration: This year, GASF has been awarded two grants, one from the Concord-Carlisle Community Chest and one through CHNA15. There was a lucrative fundraiser from BareSole Yoga. There are ongoing community activities through the Edinburg Center in Bedford, the Bedford Council on Aging, the Carlisle Council on Aging, the Center for Parents and Teachers in Concrod, Concord Youth Services, Concord Family Services, Bedford TV, and Concord Community Access TV.
• How-To Presentations: In addition to live presentations in the community and the implementation of a bi-weekly support group called, “Replanting Lives,” we have expanded through offering webinars and televised specials which can be accessed on our website. Topics include managing holidays & celebrations; parenting children with behavioral health issues; managing symptoms; caring for the caregiver.
• Coaching: Customized service including information, tools, coping mechanisms, and Referrals to live with the new dynamics of daily life with a family member with mental illness. We focus on looking forward and celebrating new relationships and opportunities.
• Pet Therapy: A complimentary service where a certified pet therapy pair reaches out to the community in public and private venues including the Lowell Community Care Program for Veterans, the Bedford Council on Aging, and home visits in surrounding towns.
How can you help? If you know of someone with a family member who has a mental illness, please inform them about GASF. Your introductions are vital to helping us continue to serve families in need. You can also support our efforts through your most appreciated, tax- deductible donations simply by visiting our website, www.GrowAStrongFamily.org.
Grow A Strong Family, Inc. remains dedicated to assisting the underserved, stressed families of people with mental illness. With our sincerest appreciation, it is only because of your ongoing support that we are able to continue. Thank you.
Mara Briere, MA CFLE Founder & President
Grow A Strong Family, Inc.