November is the month when we harvest our seeds that were planted throughout the year. We celebrate with family, friends, and the community at large. We promote gratefulness and thankfulness for the bounty of what we have. We enjoy the harvest on Thanksgiving Day.
Grow a Strong Family wants to share the bounty of resources and programs that we have developed. The best way to do that is to raise awareness of Grow a Strong Family and how it meets the needs of those impacted by those with brain disorders/mental illnesses through the comprehensive multimedia website where so many resources are gathered and offered free and low cost https://growastrongfamily.org/ .
Beginning November 3, we will start our month-long campaign of counting steps (any activity can be enjoyed and converted to steps 😉), completing the virtual shape of our logo, and raising money in the process. It is called, “All Abilities Adventures!” Registration levels are as a single individual, a pair, a team of three or more. Each registrant gets to decide fitness goal (steps) and fundraising goals! Compete with others at the same time, too
This is an opportunity to raise awareness and financial support for the families impacted by loved ones with mental illnesses/brain disorders by supporting Grow A Strong Family.
Any activities that are fun and promote movement can be used to raise money since they can be easily converted into steps!
For more information and to register, click here: https://www.charityfootprints.com/GASF2021/eventdetails
All registered participants will receive string backpacks for your essentials. Winners will receive special prizes including smart Alexa watches, books, cards, and games produced by Grow a Strong Family!
FYI: How it works:
- Register for the campaign and set your fitness & fundraising targets.
- Follow the link to your very own fundraising page.
- Click to set-up your devices (Fitbit, Garmin, Apple Watch, Google Fit, Misfit, Strava), or download our iOS or Android apps.
- There are things you can do to attract people to sponsor you. Adding a picture to your fundraising page, telling potential donors why this cause is so personal to you, sharing your fundraising page on social media, email, and chat groups.Last, if your employer has a gift matching program, check with the human resources department to support your favorite cause as well.
- Track workouts anywhere & anytime and complete goal.
The resource book, “Grieving in Earnest: Child Loss by Suicide/Brain Disorder,” has been published by amazon and can be purchased for $19.99! It can be previewed on our website: https://growastrongfamily.org/earnestly-grieving/ We developed a playlist of songs that speak to our hearts as we grieve: https://growastrongfamily.org/grief-in-earnest-playlist/